The Budapest University of Technology and Economics is a renown Hungarian university, known for its differentiated, multilevel, high-standard teachings, founded on scientific qualification in technical and natural sciences and in certain fields of economic and social sciences as well.
BME dates back to 1782, filling the role of the first institute in Europe to train engineers at a university level. The University has a prestigious past and its alumni includes several Nobel Prize winners. The University has approx. 24,000 students located in 8 faculties and an academic staff of about 1300.
The Budapest University of Technology and Economics provides a unity of theory and practice, a high standard theoretical foundations and practical training based on industrial relationships. BME declared aim is to develop the contents of training permanently both in the field of multilevel and multilingual education.
An ever increasing number of exchange students attend at The Budapest University of Technology and Economics as regular full time programs in English are offered in B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels.
Facts and figures:
- 24,000 students in 8 faculties
- 77 university departments and 13 doctorate schools,
- offers further specialist training in more than 40 fields.
- Courses are available in five languages,
- Annually more than 1,560 students get MSc and more than 110 students get PhD degree.
- Nearly 40% of the PhD students study and work at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics. participated in 66 EU Framework Program 5 projects, 122 FP6 projects (of which 60 were IST ones), and a considerable number of FP7 projects as well.
For further information about the University please visit the university’s official website on this link.
Last modified: July 18, 2016