Business Modelling and Development
The Business Modelling and Development course is aiming to introduce the doctoral candidates to commercialization of potential business ideas and turning an idea into real business. The participants will learn to refine the idea to such a point that it can be seriously considered as a basis for creating a business.
Due to the Business Modelling and Development course, doctoral candidates will:
- Be able to create a consistent business plan for a new venture in their respective disciplines.
- Be able to evaluate the business opportunities in the field of high technology, including legal and regulatory issues in their discipline.
- Understand both the market-driven and technology push based business ideas.
- Be able to evaluate market potential for a new venture, service or product.
- Have a holistic and in-depth understanding of the interaction between business functions within a company.
- Master the creation, protection and exploitation of IP and other intangible assets in a firm.
- Master the management of IP and intangible assets and understand their connections to a strategic business development and planning.
- Have strong presentation skills to market a new venture or a business concept.
- Know about how to create and maintain brand(s) and manage brand(s).
- Have stronger skills in organizing teamwork.
- Know how to negotiate a new venture and communicate with potential investors.
- Know how to secure funding in early stage of business development.
- Be able to manage business and innovation development projects as a part of strategic business planning.
Last modified: September 11, 2014