The EIT ICT Labs Budapest Doctoral Training Centre is organizing a “Raising I&E Awareness” course in Budapest on 18-19 September 2014. The two-day long course is announced for all doctoral students of the EIT ICT Labs partner universities and Doctoral Training Centres.
The “Raising I&E Awareness” is the first course in the doctoral training of the “EIT ICT Labs Doctoral School in ICT Innovation”. The objective of the course is to create an entrepreneurial mind-set, to foster the entrepreneurial spirit among the doctoral students, and to make them aware of the exploitation potential of their research.
The intended learning outcomes of this introduction course include the following:
- The ability to differentiate different perspectives on academic entrepreneurship.
- The ability to see the possibilities connected to high-technology entrepreneurship (certain thematic areas).
- Raising awareness of the exploitation potential of their research.
- The ability to define entrepreneurship in ICT context.
- The ability to apply the basic business concepts.
- The ability to define the business environment (local vs. global industry).
- The ability to differentiate the importance and different roles that new ventures and business activities play in the national economy.
- The ability to recognize recent business trends in ICT and business markets in general and in their discipline in detail.
- Improvement of entrepreneurial spirit and entrepreneurial mind-set.
The deadline for registration is 8 September 2014 (Thursday). In order to register, please send an e-mail to Mr. Bálint Fügi, DTC administrator: email@example.com.
The number of participants is limited. Registration is binding.
Further information and detailed agenda can be found here.
Last modified: September 11, 2014